(San Antonio, TX) June 20, 2017 — bulb, a leading provider of digital portfolios for the education marketplace, is proud to announce additional features of their bulbSchool platform, built specifically to address key issues of credentials management, rostering and security.
bulbSchool is a collaborative community built for schools to curate, create, share and showcase work. In this space, teachers can create private class groups for publishing shared work and assignments. Author-controlled Q&A encourages constructive conversations without the risk of unwanted comments. In-line commenting allows direct and detailed feedback from educators or peers on an author’s specific content.
More than 700,000 bulbs have been created because it is easy for users and makes work look beautiful. The newest features of bulbSchool complement the beauty by ensuring that it is easy to implement at the school, district or classroom level:
- LMS connectivity is now offered in partnership with Schoology, Canvas and Blackboard.
- Auto-rostering is safe and simple, making interoperability an asset, not a liability.
- Privacy and data security allows users to share work as read-only or give collaborators permission to add, edit, and delete using inline commenting.
- Administrative dashboards evaluate usage and allow for best-practice sharing.
- Professional development is now included, and advanced offerings in partnership with friEdTechnology are available.
- Advanced bulb permissions allow users to choose how they want to connect with an audience.
- Education pricing enables cost-effective rollout for every student and every teacher.
Now with bulbSchool, the platform is more affordable, so it is available to all students and teachers. It is more connected to leading LMS providers already used by schools, so bulb doesn’t require yet another set of credentials. Auto-rostering removes the maintenance time required to setup, track and maintain accounts. Data-security and privacy are enhanced to meet enterprise demands. bulbSchool also includes on-site professional development to ensure every educator takes full advantage of the platform to curate, create and showcase knowledge.
“Teachers and students love how easy it is to use bulb and how beautiful it makes their work look, but educators must manage many edtech platforms to provide student with the best education possible,” said Eric Goldreyer, CEO and co-founder of bulb. “bulbSchool removes any possible barriers so administrators and teachers can offer students a best-of-breed digital portfolio to help turn information into knowledge.”
bulb’s online student portfolios assemble student work in one convenient place for teacher review. Portfolios are multimedia, so students can upload text, Pinterest photos and YouTube videos or embed PDFs, Word files, documents from Google Drive, or 150 other file types. Teachers can also use bulb to upload lessons and demos to share with students. Work is automatically saved online and can be organized into collections based on student needs. bulb can be used in any subject, creating a tangible demonstration of personalized, integrated learning, relevant to wherever a student’s path in life takes him or her.
Other features included with bulbSchool are presentation mode, asset library, and responsive design for any device. For more information about these features and more, please visit bulbapp.com.
bulb Marketing Team