Privacy Information for California Residents
California law requires that we give you information about the categories of personal data we collect, what we do with the information and what rights you have as a resident of California.
We do not sell any user data at any time.
Information we collect
In the last 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information:
- Name, email address, username and password.
- If you signed in with Clever, Classlink, Google or Microsoft, we have collected your username and/or accountID from that service.
- Users may upload many types of images, videos or other materials to their portfolio which may be considered educational record for purposes of FERPA.
- We may collect user comments as part of our commenting feature if enabled.
- If you make a payment through our payment portal, we may have access to information needed such as name and address.
- Aggregate user information—We collect information about your device and internet connection including device type, screen size, browser and operating system through our analytics service.
How does bulb use this information?
We only use this information to provide our services to you. This includes:
- Allowing you access to the platform by verifying your user information.
- Providing you the functions of the platform such as creating and editing portfolio content.
- Providing customer support.
- The data we collect in aggregate, we use to evaluate how our service is being used. We also collect general location information through your IP address to approximate your location to provide services.
- Our public website (before login) may collect information to promote bulb to teachers and administrators. Cookies are used for login and session data. We do not use trackers other than basic site analytics in our app to assess usage and performance of the website. We may also collect general location information for geographical purposes, but we don’t track in a way that would allow us to identify a street address.
Your Rights and Choices
As a California resident, you may be able to request to exercise the following rights:
The Right to Know any or all of the following information relating to your personal information we have collected and disclosed in the last 12 months, upon verification of your identity:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources of the personal information;
- The categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for a business purpose, and the categories of recipients to whom this information was disclosed;
- The specific personal information we have collected about you;
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting the personal information.
The Right to Request Deletion of personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising these rights. However, we may not be able to continue to provide you with our services should your exercise of these rights limit our ability to process personal information (such as in the case of a deletion request).
Submitting your California Consumer Rights Request
To exercise your rights, please contact us in one of the following ways. You will need to verify your identity with us to complete your request.
Toll-free phone: (866) 515-7715 (California Residents only)
400 E. Simpson St. Suite 230
Lafayette, CO. 80026
Effective Date: Sep 2019 (clarified what personally identifiable information is collected.)